Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 22-07-2004 , 09:07 AM

put a texture on it

Hi

I have a simple model which I need to create a texture on. I have a picture of a textile (as it is a sofa) now I would like to put the picture on the model.

Could you in big steps outline how to do that. Been playing with the hypershader, but I couldn't place my own picture file.

I'm also interested in how to control were the texture ends up, as I will need to ad a few pictures to make it look realistic.

Last, does anybody know any tutorials on the subject? (newbie)

I appreciate any help.

: ) Jakob

<i>It's the "hard", that makes it great! - Tom Hanks</i>
# 2 22-07-2004 , 01:51 PM
Subscriber
I'm a bit new to texturing myself, but if you can't find anything useful here, you should check out learning-maya.com

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 3 22-07-2004 , 01:57 PM
thanks! hehe.. blomkaal... user added image

: ) Jakob

<i>It's the "hard", that makes it great! - Tom Hanks</i>
# 4 22-07-2004 , 02:07 PM
Subscriber
NP user added image

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 5 23-07-2004 , 01:45 AM
Subscriber
I think you want to place a 2D file onto your surface node? In hypershade create a Surface node say a Blinn, Lambert . . . & in its attribute editor for color select a 2D File. Depending on the need you may want to place the file as a label. You can then resize, warp it, reverse its direction, rotate it, blur, add noise . . . Hope this is what you were referring to.

# 6 23-07-2004 , 02:01 AM
They have tutorials on this site you can buy. I think the one you'd want is called "Projection Mapping and UV Layout"

# 7 23-07-2004 , 03:17 AM
Subscriber
If a couch was created & you want to put the texture of a couch on it. Dann is right you will have to do a UV layout. The texture will have to be created in photoshop or a program like that. If you created a box, vase, wall . . . & want just individual photos of a couch & others on it. Say like labels on a bottle. Then import the photos as I mentioned above