Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 20-08-2005 , 11:05 PM

What courses are needed?

What courses are needed in High School/College/University to become a 3D animator or game designer?

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.

Last edited by Shadeblade; 20-08-2005 at 11:09 PM.
# 2 21-08-2005 , 11:23 AM
From what I heard as long as your not going into programming you just need the regular marks to get into college. From the Ubisoft Campus website they mostly talk about the little things and interest like Art, Interest in Video Games and stuff... Maybe good maths and english or french(<for people like me). Programmers usually need really high marks in math tho.

Co-Creator of Infernus Creations formerly known as Elite Unit 5.
# 3 21-08-2005 , 11:08 PM
Well you dont even need to go to university to get a job in the industry. What you do need though is to be good. How you get good is usually irrelevant.

Some people just need to learn this stuff in the right enviroment.....tutors, friends, all like minded etc. I personally prefer the Uni route but if your dedicated enough to teach yourself and can resist the urge to load up Battlefield then there’s no reason why you shouldn't. Places like SimplyMaya and the tutorials here sure will help.

But as you asked, i guess anything from fine art, illustration, animation (traditional or digital), visualisation, 3D design, visual effects, graphics design can get you there or more specific courses, such as shorter courses in say compositing or modelling for example, if that’s your thing.

Here's some articles that i found quite informative:

5 Good Reasons You Should Go To College

5 Good reasons Not To Go To College

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 4 21-08-2005 , 11:59 PM
Sorry I took so long to reply.
Shaojin: Thanks for the info user added image I find myself to get the highest grades in my math and english. I'm not bad at french, but I can't hold a conversation without getting lost after a few words user added image

Doodle: Thanks for the links! I'll probably go to college to learn. Although I can teach myself, I'd like to know more than a few 'behind-the-scene' details. user added image

Thanks user added image

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 5 22-08-2005 , 03:38 PM
Develop and market as many strong skills as you can.

"But as you asked, i guess anything from fine art, illustration, animation (traditional or digital), visualisation, 3D design, visual effects, graphics design can get you there or more specific courses, such as shorter courses in say compositing or modelling for example, if that’s your thing."
<------------------TRUE

Employers don't look at your transcript, they look at your portfolio/reel. You could get a job today if someone saw and liked your work.