Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 01-05-2004 , 03:02 PM
Simply Maya OG

Originally posted by Kevin
just out of interest ... didnt we have this post a few weeks ago? or was that on another simplysite?

I beleive we did Kev. user added image

- Hybrid
# 17 01-05-2004 , 06:11 PM
XP is a pig!!, 2000 and Linux does all I need. Not always necessary to get the latest, heck I still use maya 4.

# 18 03-05-2004 , 05:35 PM
i just changed my mind about XP... and also changed my mind about the world...
So IE gets screwed... ok no prob just update it... its still screwed...
urr uninstall and reinstal from the cd? haha Mocosoft wont let you do that.. it will tell you it did that but not do it in reality... alter the registry so as to that he believes it isnt there? yeah it worked! now lets install IE6... ok installed... err.. whythe PC no goes sooo slow? no drivers? whaddaya mean with no drivers?(after a fight with drivers directx .net and stuff) ALRIGHTY YOU DAMNED XP!
moves all things to another partition...
DoS
a:\format c:
installs XP again... goes to the bathroom when there were only two mins left hears BANG!chars crincles, thinks huh neighbour must be having a party... no it wasnt.. it was the new flashy expensive dvdburner unit that just made the damn XP cd explode inside!...
so now im writing from my old pc... considering seriously to go linux with a webpage to make for next week and BA exams on four weeks... so now im HATING XP, it is EVIL, even the cd it comes in is EVIL
oh and the world, well right now i also hate it, but for reasons so diverse it would take much time to explain...

happy mayain´...

# 19 04-05-2004 , 06:53 PM
lol

# 20 04-05-2004 , 07:08 PM
truth be told it wasnt funny... in fact it has been expensive... until yesterday i tought that those tales of exploding cds were just an urban legend... well, now i can tell you: it frigging isnt

do you believe for a moment that if i go to the shop or to mocosoft with the shards they will replace it?
worse is i have most of the notes of 2 of the classes of the university in clean on word on that pc... and exams are close
uh and the DVDburner... i suspect now it will truly burn things instead of write em down... u know the aluminium on the cd is hard to clean when the cd explodes... at least that is on warranty... but i need the pc now...

dont throw down those emails that say that xp is a virus and that can make your pc explode...

Last edited by dragonfx; 04-05-2004 at 07:35 PM.
# 21 05-05-2004 , 08:33 AM
user title spammer
i never had any problems with xp (on this computer - because its especially designed for XP), with former computers i had a lot of problems ...

# 22 05-05-2004 , 02:30 PM
Get a Mac! user added image

In all seriousness, XP hasn't been too bad for me. I get occassional glitches that require a restart to clear up, but I've never had a bluescreen (knock on wood). For the most part, XP runs great on my Dell notebook.

I have, however, started eliminating the need for programs that I find to be a pain, most notably IE and Outlook. I've been using Firefox and Thunderbird from www.mozilla.org as my replacement browser and email reader. Both work very nicely and have pretty much all the features I need (tabbed browsing.... mmmm....). Both programs are faster, cleaner, and just plain nicer than their MS counterparts.

But even then, I like my Mac better. user added image

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 23 05-05-2004 , 02:36 PM
user title spammer
apple got lots of qualitiy problems lately ... so no, nothing then a sony / alienware PC will enter my rooms user added image

# 24 05-05-2004 , 03:54 PM
Subscriber
XP has its problems but it mostly do to user error, it doesn’t setup like 2000 o r 98, you have to go into it and set it up four what you need it for, its not a extreme plug in play software, you need to setup all memory to where you need it, theres a lot of free tip on how to set up XP. GO HERE for tipsuser added image

# 25 07-05-2004 , 06:06 PM
Subscriber
A perfect hardware problem free PC and win xp work absolutely fine... just make sure b4 you install or get xp that all your hardware supports it, then you wont have any problem... trust me... i haven't had the "blue screen of death" even once!! altho i have been using xp for a long time now... if you have a lower spec pc go for 2000, i personally like the smooth flow of windows 2000 operations.. but xp has a softcorner for me

# 26 09-05-2004 , 09:44 PM
my win xp works fine no probs not slow or any thing

<embed src="https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/kman3/dial.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="https://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" width="100" height="100" quality="best" play="true" loop="true" align="center" scale="showall" play="true"></embed>
# 27 18-05-2004 , 01:43 PM
I use XP, have had no problems at all, its really stable (proviso - it came installed on a new pc, so I can't comment on how it runs on older machines). And it starts up/shuts down about 10 times faster than 2000, which is a small thing but nice all the same.
If you don't like the XP look its easy enough to set the profile to 'Windows Classic'. The way it hides stuff is annoying but you can usually unhide stuff/create shortcuts as you need it, and its stays unhidden. So after a week of use I found I had it pretty much working like 2000. erm, except for the added speed of course... otherwise there would be no point user added image

Last edited by parttimer; 18-05-2004 at 01:49 PM.
# 28 18-05-2004 , 04:31 PM
Kevin:

i belive iv posted on a similar post on SLW.

2k over xp for me ..... it starts faster, looks slightly more crisp, but has its problems .....

win 98 was probably most reliable os i used ... but the updates are unsuported so i now went from xp to 2k.

# 29 18-05-2004 , 07:21 PM

Originally posted by Techi

win 98 was probably most reliable os i used ...

! ______ user added image