Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 29-06-2007 , 11:25 AM

Various Render Setting in One Scene

Hi all,
i want to set up different render setting for my render layers but seems like everytime i change the render setting in one layer (by clicking the render setting icon beside the render layer) the other render layers got changed too. Is there anyway that i can have a different render setting (e.g. output format/duration/frame size,etc) in one scene with only one time render without having to render many times?
Thanks.

# 2 29-06-2007 , 11:32 AM
As far as I know the answer is no. The render layers are simply there to split out the different elements of the render e.g. diffuse, spec, ambuient etc. You want these to be the same so that when you line them up in cmop there's no discrepancies.

To get what you want you would need to save out different scene files I would think. I could be wrong I dont use render layers in maya much

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 29-06-2007 , 11:50 AM
oww..too bad. I do really hope that this will be updated in the next version.. if i m not wrong, XSI can handle this kind of job with it render passes. But still the Render Layer feature in Maya is a handy tool when we want to render an nice & easy rendering with the combination of color channel and occlusion channel combine together with multiply mode. Anyway thanks for the feedback.