Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 08-09-2010 , 07:26 AM

rendering tips

hey guys, even tho i have 1 year experience in 3d modelling, rendering/lighting always has been my weak point, so i was wondering if anyone has any tips/ online tutorial that could help me with rendering for example how to achieve something close to this: user added image

i recently started to watch penguins of Madagascar and i really got hooked to it, main reason is the quality of their rendering and lighting is so awesome i wish i could achieve anything close to this, but can't find any good tutorials on the net for lighting/rendering so if anyone could show me some good ones i would be glad, or any professional from simplymaya would be willing to make a tutorial for it i would be even more glad user added image

# 2 08-09-2010 , 07:54 AM
There are a few free tutorials on lighting avaialble here, see the anouncement thered.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 08-09-2010 , 01:36 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
also im not sure if you know rendering passes but thats a good thing to look up also.

# 4 08-09-2010 , 05:40 PM

Originally posted by gster123
There are a few free tutorials on lighting avaialble here, see the anouncement thered.

already looked at them, nothing i don't know already though and yes ozgalis i know how to render in passes too

# 5 09-09-2010 , 07:05 AM

Originally posted by hamidz90
already looked at them, nothing i don't know already though and yes ozgalis i know how to render in passes too

little clarification, i know the basics of render passes, but i don't know it in details.........like playing with parameters to get good quality

# 6 09-09-2010 , 10:23 AM
The Nurb Herd
no point rendering in layers if you cant composite them.