Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 12-09-2002 , 09:04 AM

motion path loop help

my dilema starts with my creating of an X-WING star wars air craft, i attached it to a EP curve i created. around frame 101 to 150 there is a loop where the craft does a loop around a huge text letter "O", here is where the problem comes. The ship inverts itself around the path line , here are the images to help out. On frame 101 it is normal with the world up type to vector, and the front axix is X and the up axix is Y, on frame 102 it inverts. I have played with keying the front twist and fixing it that way, but i know there has to be a better more natural way of fixing this, keying it makes it look a bit choppy and looses the smooth loop fly-by effect. any help will be greatly appreciated.

user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image

Last edited by wolv275; 12-09-2002 at 09:07 AM.