Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 23-01-2012 , 04:20 PM
Lifetime Member

Red metal shin color preset is there a way to make it so it has the color you want

i want to make a shiny blue metal as one of my colors but when i change the color to blue it is a blue but when light reflects off the surface the color is red how can i change it to the color i want

# 2 23-01-2012 , 05:10 PM
The thin red line
Try using a mai-meterial-x change the preset to copper then change the diffuse colour and reflective colour to blue............dave

# 3 23-01-2012 , 05:17 PM
Lifetime Member

Try using a mai-meterial-x change the preset to copper then change the diffuse colour and reflective colour to blue............dave

im sorry im still new i dont fully understand

# 4 23-01-2012 , 06:08 PM
The thin red line
The mai meterial x is a mentalray shader, when you select that in the attribute editor look in the top right hand side you will see preset click on that and you will have some choices pick copper and replace, now just click on the coloured panel and change the yellow for blue do the same for reflective colour..............dave