Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 29-01-2008 , 11:31 PM

Can't think of anything.

Hey Guys,
Haven't been in here in a while. Just been super busy with school.
Just wondering if anyone can give me hand on my first term final for 3d modeling in Maya.

We need to choose an outdoor environment to model. Everything that is close to the camera would need to have lots of detail, and less detail as objects get further away from the camera.
I showed my instructor this image, and he said this would be perfect, but this picture is based on an online maya tutorial, so I can't use it.
https://en.9jcg.com/featured_artists/..._cover_900.jpg

Just wondering if anyone would have any suggestions or reference pictures that would be good for my final. It's worth 40%, and I'm having so much trouble finding a good reference picture. user added image Could be anything outdoor, but not too much organic. Any help would awesome.
TIA.

# 2 30-01-2008 , 12:52 AM
Subscriber
Hey well if you want to do a real place you can always do a major city or something like Tokyo, New York or London.... However what may be really kool to do is to use a city like this as your template and then futurize or age/relic it... The other option would be to go out where you live with a camera and see what you can find, this is an especially good thing to do for a course as it usually gives you extra brownie points user added image

Hope that helps....

Tom

# 3 30-01-2008 , 01:18 PM
Subscriber
Had a couple more ideas.... pretty obvious 1s but every little helps ey!
So i was thinking what about places like Parks, Cemeteries , Country Homes, Shrines, schools, hospitals, retail parks, motorway/highways, deserts, forests, Ice caps, docks.... the list is endless its just finding one you like and then either drawing it yourself of finding a pic that someone else has done or going to a place you want.

If you have any friends who are artists then give them a shout see if they can get some concept art for you to base it on. If there is an art block where you are studying you can always just head over speak to some random folks see what you can get from them.

If i have any brainwaves i will let you know.