Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 08-12-2004 , 12:59 PM
Subscriber

Some generic questions about video tutorials...

Hi there!
First post, first question;

I have d/led the free "Dog" video tutorials and it's been such a great experience watching Kurt 'playng' with Maya, that I felt - for a little while - like I should have had everything under control in a pretty short time.
Useless to say, I realized in a - real - "short time" it wasn't so.

So now I'm planning to buy some points do d/l more tuts like those...
I think I can even effort to spend enough for a +100points, but:
- Is there a kinda "hierarchy" / scale of skill values in all the tuts I can randomly find once I have points?

===========================
I mean... *Say* I'm alright with "the dog";
- which would be the next tutorial to be d/led, according to your teachment experiences opinion?
- And, after the second d/l, which would be the third?
- And... so on.
===========================

I'm asking 'cause I'm a total newbie not only to Maya but to the whole 3D world, so I can't understand by myself which would be a "step by step" path in a tutorial following plan.

Would you make for me/us a sorted list based on that hierarchy of all the tutorials in this site that I could d/l without missing any step?
[I mean (again)...
I don't think it would be a good "step by step" path-following, having completed the "Dog" tutorial and next buying the T-Rex DVD, would it]?
;-)

If it's possible, it would be great 'cause I could even calculate the total amount of points I *really* need to understand how far I mean to go with Maya and which are my real needs/willings of improving in 3D.

For now, it would only integrate my knowledge pretty much oriented on 2D stuff (Graphics and Illustrations), but... Who knows?
Apart from results, I really did enjoy workin' on "the Dog". So I can't predict anything.
That's why I badly need an advice ;-)

TNX in advance

cia'
ale

ps: Sorry for being sooo long, but I wanted to be sure to get understood *despite my poor english* :/

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs,
it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation.