Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 25-08-2008 , 02:49 AM

Maya movel tool(scale) need help

hi everyone,
very simple and silly question, can you remind me the answer, center the pivot to the object?
using move tool, the object has been moved around alot, now i want to scale the object but can't get the scale the way that i want, bcoz the tool is not the center of object, could you please have a look at image and remind me wht should i do, thanks

I tried
delete history
freeze transformer
center pivot

still the same

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by dubai3d; 25-08-2008 at 04:20 AM.
# 2 25-08-2008 , 07:14 AM
Modify>Center pivot.
In more advanced shapes you can create extra geometry to place the pivot exactly where you want it(using stick to points).
Benny

LOL three posts...

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)

Last edited by BennyK; 25-08-2008 at 07:18 AM.
# 3 25-08-2008 , 08:07 AM
(center pivot) I tried. doesnt work, because the history has been deleted,

# 4 25-08-2008 , 08:22 AM
Lifetime Member
It doesn't matter if the history is deleted, you have to slect the object first then center the pivot and it will work.If you want to pivot in a perticular plave then select the object with the move tool and then hit insert on the keyboard, you can now move the pivot to where you want and then hit insert again to complete the move.
If you want to scale from that point hit R on the keyboard to change to the scale tool after the pivot move.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner