Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 25-10-2002 , 08:19 PM

Regarding the Challenge forum ...

Hello, all

I was seeing today the challenge forum, (btw: some great entries!), and I started thinking: "...Hmm, why did I withdraw from this one?, I mean I sure had my reasons, but the real fact about it is, hell! I don´t want to only model...".

So I thought maybe there´s a good chance you could make the Challenge forum a bit more challenging user added image.

What does this guy mean?

What I mean by that is, Maya´s got hundreds of aspects that we could exploit for the Challenge forum. How about rigging? animating? texturing? dynamics? There´s lot´s of oportunities we could exploit.

ie:
November´s challenge is:
Animate this creature. download here (*mb)
It has to convey emotions, blabla, blabla, please post playblast files or blablabla ...
May the best win!

This is just an example, but I can see the possibilities, I mean with this challenge for example, animating and rigging forums would go crazy with questions. Imagine a Dynamics one?

Well, my 2 cents anyway, but do think about it. user added image

Regards ...

# 2 26-10-2002 , 04:13 AM
I think he's onto something user added image

# 3 26-10-2002 , 12:42 PM
Principle
Sounds like a good idea to me :-)

# 4 26-10-2002 , 01:20 PM
Thanks for the feedback schmick.

Welcome to SimplyMaya Principle.
Glad you found it an interesting idea!
Hope you like the forum, I´ve met interesting people around here, and hope you do too. Thanks for posting.

user added image

# 5 26-10-2002 , 02:23 PM
SM Tea Boy
opps sorry adl principle = me user added image all though i thank you for the welcome hes my test personality user added image

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 6 26-10-2002 , 03:02 PM
Sounds great I love like the idea of animation comp's=). Textureing is still my weak point but hey practise makes perfect heheh=). Was thinking you can combine challenges, ever month or two. For example, Taking the elemental creature of this month and a challenge for next month would be rig and animate a 10 second clip showing the characteristics of that creature.

Animation Comp's can be judge on weight, and timming primarly. Rigging and skining will not be as important in the judging due to the fact it a bit of a science to get it done perfect and is very time consuming

I dont know just on a bit of a tangent heheh=)

Kurt

# 7 26-10-2002 , 07:11 PM

Originally posted by David
opps sorry adl principle = me user added image all though i thank you for the welcome hes my test personality user added image

David user added image

LOL!