Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 29-06-2005 , 12:46 AM

which camera to use?

short version of my question: Which camera(or perspective view panel) in Maya most accurately represents how a human eye would see a scene?

Ok, so ill try to explain this the best I can. I'm working on a metal sculpture and using maya and photoshop for all the pre-vis stuff (preliminary design and getting everything to line up). I need to visualize changes in size of pieces of metal as they go off in the distance, and want to counter perspective. AKA: as shapes of metal are further back in space, they appear to be smaller than they are, because they are further away from a stationary viewpoint. To counter this I am using Maya to visualize the pieces and adjust for perspective by making the pieces in the back, larger. In doing so, my question for u guys and girls is which camera in Maya would most accurately represent what will happen in real life. I know maya cameras have different settings, but I just want to visualize and measure whatever will happen in real life and how a normal person will see the sculpture(I dont want any distortions that the different maya cameras may have). Im hoping I can use maya to make all my measurements so when I assemble the sculpture in real life, the pieces will all line up and be in proportion. Should I even use a camera, or use the perspective viewpoint? IF this makes any sense, and anyone has a suggestion..that would be awesome. Thx