Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 18-10-2006 , 09:26 AM

Renderpasses not in render globals!

Hi everyone,
for some reason the "Render passes" menu is not showing up withing mental ray's (actually any renderers) render global display!
please help user added image
-Andy

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 2 18-10-2006 , 04:04 PM
Strange, you changed any settings on your PC (font size in the control panel) as that once left me with missing menus.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 18-10-2006 , 11:31 PM
In Maya 7, they took it out of the render globals but they didn't update the docs. It messed me up the first time as well. Now what you have to do is create a render layer, right click on the new render layer and select Attributes. Then in the attributes window scroll down to Render Pass Options.

Maybe Autodesk will do a better job of letting us know when they overhaul a major feature than Alias used to. I hope this helps.

# 4 19-10-2006 , 01:23 AM
thanks so much!
i will try this out very soon user added image

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com