Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 76 08-04-2009 , 07:21 AM
Subscriber
did you just rotate a layer that had the fibre filter put on it?

it doesn't really look like rain
too many white-ish streaks (which i assume to be the rain) and they merge together like a giant web... it's only really noticeable on the lighter regions of the picture

the rain drops should look more distinct from each other

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 77 08-04-2009 , 07:29 PM
The Nurb Herd
the fix looks good tweety. I still think learning render layers was a "it all falls into place" moment for me. I think its the only way to render now, however i don't think you need to render geometry separately in layers.

Comping FTW!

# 78 08-04-2009 , 08:35 PM
Subscriber
as i said if I tried with all the geometry in there it would just crash. Just checked the full verson of my city 4.8 million polys.

Makes me think my PC is better than I thought as it rendered it with out textures.

# 79 08-04-2009 , 09:00 PM
The Nurb Herd
will it render without shadows and FG?

# 80 08-04-2009 , 09:36 PM
Subscriber
no idea - but moving on to try and finnsh my evil lyn on time for the HCM challenage over at cgtalk