Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 02-04-2017 , 09:51 PM

Maya 2017 Lagging

Good day

I have been using maya for 5 years and I am encountering this issue for the first time. I have a rather heavy object (about 300k poly). I exported it and import it back into a clean scene as .obj. Selecting faces, duplicating faces and so on is taking forever (I am talking about 4 seconds to switch to face mode and 30 seconds for face selections, and 15 minutes for face duplication). I have the Nissan GTR of computers (i7 Extreme OC, saber-tooth motherboard, 64 gb of ram and dual titan X GPU OC and 1 TB SSHD). Even with all that raw power maya is giving me a hard time with the 3d model. No history, no transformations, no smoothed geometry, no layers and no screen Ambient Occlusion off. I was planning on making a Geometry Cache but they changed it since maya 2012 so I am not confident on doing it or if it will even help.

Any help is welcome.

# 2 04-04-2017 , 06:09 AM
Super Moderator
So this doesn't happen in Maya 2016 (or 2012 since you've mentioned that version) but it does in 2017? Are video card drivers updated?

- Genny