Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 24-10-2008 , 07:26 AM

Maya 6 PLE?

Does anyone know where I can download the personal learning edition for Maya 6?. I recently downloaded the maya 8.5 PLE but it won't run on my windows xp home machine as it specifies you need xp professional to run it. This means the program opens for a second then closes. I am now going to give the maya 6 PLE a try in the hopes that it runs on xp home. I have searched for it everywhere without luck so does anyone know where I can download it?

# 2 24-10-2008 , 08:12 AM
It should work on XP home, otherwise it is a problem with RAM or something. I had XP home, and every version I tried worked. Now, though, I have Vista home, and it says it needs vista pro.
They really mean any version of XP.
My thinking tells me your computer lacks the correct hardware to run it.

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 24-10-2008 , 09:21 AM
. You could be right, my computer isn't the best but I am running autodesk inventor at the moment which is a pretty hardware intensive program and that works fine.
Thanks for the help anyway