Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 01-01-2008 , 04:46 AM

japanese dojo

this is my japanese dojo ive so far worked on it for about 4-5 hours its a full 3d environment that i will be animating something in the middle their some kinda karate dude but first im going to completely fill the environment with every little detail possible this is well just the empty shell and it looks really really clean so ill dirty that up as well. Any ideas of some extra little bits i could put in or any other suggestions would be great

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 01-01-2008 , 05:10 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
You could have weopons on the wall
besides that i dont know
all the dodjos ive seen are usually quite empty for safty reasons presumably

# 3 01-01-2008 , 05:49 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Allot of these sorts of places have small worshiping areas, with bronze statues of their Gods, and Candles for worship, and achieving enlightenment (or what ever.) Plus Racks that holds Swords, and wooden poles for sparing, and practice.

Plus perhaps, small ornamental vases, and other decorations.

Maybe big raised Basins, that hold water so the Dojo can stay hydrated during his long worships, and physically draining practice sessions. user added image

What you have so far looks pretty good. You could probably do a search for ideas on what to include in the room.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 4 01-01-2008 , 08:21 AM
looks really good so far - though the floor texture is looking a bit blurry. might be nice to give the effect of daylight coming through the transparent cloudy screens near the top. you could also add some sort of martial arts flags.

# 5 14-01-2008 , 11:55 AM
okay some small changes more little objects here and their still a bit of texturing that needs to be done considering every wooden object at the moment is almost moade out of the exact same piece of wood but heres my update

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 14-01-2008 , 11:56 AM
more pics
and one more thing the banners that are around im going to put some of that chinese japanes writing down them

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 14-01-2008 , 11:58 AM
one more thing i also am going to crank up some more rays to get rid of that dotty ness on the shadow edge please feel free toc rit as always i spose thats why people post their stuff here lol

# 8 14-01-2008 , 12:00 PM
Jr.Who
日本語が分かりますか?

# 9 14-01-2008 , 12:10 PM
Subscriber
How about a big golden gong! lol i always picture a dojo having 1 i dont know why tho.... appart from that looks pretty good.

# 10 14-01-2008 , 03:57 PM

Originally posted by anasasis
more pics
and one more thing the banners that are around im going to put some of that chinese japanes writing down them

er...chinese japanese writing??

just japanese mate. user added image

# 11 14-01-2008 , 07:02 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Looking pretty damn nice!

I like the lighting, and your right... you need to get rid of those awful dots in your shadows.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 12 14-01-2008 , 07:06 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
nice, only the swords are a tad to biguser added image

# 13 14-01-2008 , 08:23 PM
lol arran yeah it was kinda late at night when i wrote that it will just be japanese lol

mastone: i was a bit worried about that and ill have to go back in and edit that out cheers for the advice

mayaniac: cheers mate i think ill edit the shadows a bit later because its an easy fix just going to hurt render times

bigtommyb: a golden gong i was thinking about that putting it on the the small wall i have cheers mate

Jr.Who: hmm lol if inly i spoke japanese user added image lol

i should have some more updates up soon but cheers for all the advice guys.

# 14 17-01-2008 , 10:27 AM
Looks like the training dojo from the matrix, perhaps watch that or the 3d animatrix episode for ideas?

Gio

Gio

Creator of The Talos Project