Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 18-02-2008 , 11:35 AM
Subscriber

I really really need help to get that alien rdy to animate

hey beloved simplymaya folks user added image

iam really in a situation here.. iam sitting on this charrackter forever and iam not really getting further.

i need the blendshapes for the facial expressions
(smile,kiss, mouth open and closed)

somehow what ever i do i run into problems like right now my hole charackter is scaling when using the blendshape i made... (its suppose to look like a kiss) :headbang:
i tried maya help but somehow iam lost

please help..

user added image

https://www.creative-cg.de/test/testgirl.mb

Last edited by Fabster; 18-02-2008 at 01:27 PM.
# 2 18-02-2008 , 03:51 PM
if your figure is scaling when you use a blendshape i'm guessing it's because your blendshape was a different size than your original model - or maybe you have a double transform going on somewhere - though i haven't had much experience with blends so i may be way off. the blendshape has to be exactly the same as the original model - except for the changed facial expression.

# 3 18-02-2008 , 08:12 PM
Subscriber
hey first thanx for the reply...

they are exacly the same size... i just duplicate the mesh wid duplicate special and set it to new group... its looking def the same till i use it as blendshape... maby u could download the file and see it for urself ...
thx thou

# 4 18-02-2008 , 08:17 PM
i'm guessing then, it's got something to do with the group...or maybe the pivot. i've only used blendshapes a couple of times so i'm a bit sketchy. i'm sure someone else will be able to offer better help. user added image

# 5 20-02-2008 , 12:36 AM
Subscriber
i fixed it user added image now my blendshapes work again... i had to detach the skin and then delete the history... i guess it had something to do wid the smooth which i applied..

anyways gotta new problem...

somehow i made a mistake and now the wheights are wrong again... and iam not able to get it right again...

please somebody help

user added image
user added image

testgirl5.mb

Last edited by Fabster; 20-02-2008 at 12:44 AM.