Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 13-03-2009 , 04:37 PM

Video Tracing

Hi!
Haven't been doing alot of Mayaing for quite some time. Been busy with school work. I come to ask if Maya Unlimited 6 has the capabilities for Video Tracing or Camera Tracking? I tried looking in the manual but the only Tracking I got was Motion tracks, Audio tracks, and other things that went off track. I know that 3DSMax r3 has this, but when I set alot of markers on as many highlights I could do, the thing crashed and ate my save so I don't trust it anymore. Maya looks more stable and hoping that it has Camera tracking capabilities (also like the motion blur and instant physics). If it doesn't have this, maybe some plugin or 3rd party program?

Thanks in advance.
/Edward

# 2 14-03-2009 , 09:42 AM
If its unlimited have a look for maya live, you might need to load up the plug in for it though.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 14-03-2009 , 11:34 PM
Ah, there we go. Seems to be simple enough. Apart from the fact that my film isn't especially sharp (MJPEG) so I got lots of errors. One problem in particular was that the program crashed, the save was ok, but I can't seem to open the Control Panel again. Only option in the menu not disabled is "New..." no matter what I select. user added image

/Edward