Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 03-04-2009 , 10:07 AM
Subscriber

Where the Wild Things Are

Anyone as excited (well... hopefully optimistic) about this movie as i am!?

I know i always loved this book as a child, in fact i still love it!
At first i thought it wouldn't translate over well into a movie but after seeing the trailer I'm getting more excited over it!

Comments, ideas, general word's about the topic?

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 2 03-04-2009 , 10:39 AM
Really looking forward to it! I don't completely remember everything about the story, but the trailer did refresh some memory's, I think I may even go out and get the book again as it's been re-released here in the Uk, but it does look as if they've done a great job making the movie version! Just glad they've waited until now, imagine what a version of it 10 or 15 years ago would have been like, terrible I'd think with really bad costumes etc!

# 3 03-04-2009 , 09:51 PM
yeah - VERY excited about this - just a really great great book and i think spike jonze is the right choice for director. i thought the trailer looked really cool and i like the way they've done the monsters - sort of unreal and it looks like they are pretty close to the original artwork.

plus they used the arcade fire for one of the trailers. hurrah! user added image

# 4 15-04-2009 , 01:47 PM
I'm excited about this. I'm a huge fan of Maurice Sendak, I even wrote my dissertation on Wild Things and some of his other books so I'm going to be hard to please! But I love Spike Jonze so I trust him to do good things with this. user added image