Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 30-07-2012 , 02:19 PM
EduSciVis-er

Empty Keyboard folder

I've noticed a few times in different places, an empty folder called Keyboard. This seemed really strange, and I thought it might be malware or something, but then I ran into this very short thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/...b-81fe3f6fcc2c

The 3D folder referred to in the thread must be Maya 2013.

I have been able to replicate this behaviour. If I double click on a maya file, instead of file > open from within the program as I usually do, this empty folder will be created. Does this happen to anyone else? Why is this happening?

# 2 30-07-2012 , 04:55 PM
Not much of an explanation, but plausible. I tried this in 2011/WIN7 and I did not get the Keyboard folder. It's possible this is only done in 2013 (maybe 2012?) and may have something to do with directing Maya to the project directory when people double click a file to open it instead of setting the project. I'll have to wait until I get to the office to try this in 2012/2013 to verify.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 3 30-07-2012 , 08:27 PM
Yes I too have seen this and I use both 2012 and 2013 so I cannot recall if it happens with both or just 2013. As I recall it happens when I save a model to a non-project folder (for instance saving a scene file to my desktop).

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675