Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 14-01-2006 , 02:05 PM

Need help with viewing particles i persp.

I just began using Maya and I'm new to 3D-modelling. I'm doing the Learning Maya 7 Foundation tutorial now (Alias training guide book) and everything has gone fine though I'm stuck now because of a very simple problem. I'm supposed to create a fire, and I'm supposed to see the particles in the perspective window when i play the animation with the time slider, but nothing shows up. The only window that shows the particles is the Side Panel. Would appreciate help user added image.

Thank you.

# 2 14-01-2006 , 03:02 PM
The Maya Mountain
If you see nothing at all, I would first check your display options in the view port to see if Dynamics are toggled to be hidden or not.

# 3 14-01-2006 , 05:52 PM
Thank you for your response.

This is strange. I checked that it was checked and it was. Then I opened a file that came along with the tutorial and there it worked fully. This is how I try to add the Fire myself.

Dynamics in the marking menu ->
Select a box I made, then select Effects - Fire ->
Click on the Animation Preferences to set to play every frame.

Though after this I stillcan just see it in the side-panel.

EDIT: Well it shows up on rendering, but still nothing in perspective view...

Last edited by vane505; 14-01-2006 at 07:17 PM.
# 4 15-01-2006 , 10:03 PM
Well I noticed that the flame-effect is shown as squares in the perspective-window instead. Would really appreciate if you could tell me how you can make it into those circular shapes instead.

# 5 15-01-2006 , 10:31 PM
The Maya Mountain
So you are seeing the particles then? You might just need to turn on Hardward Texturing in the view port under the Shading menu.

# 6 16-01-2006 , 12:29 AM
Yeah done that.... well something mysterious happened... everything just started to work user added image. I do really appreciate the answers from you mtmckinley. I do have another question though, and it's about rendering. Sometimes when I render the rendering is pitch black. Just wondering if you have any ideas how I succeeded to make the rendering all black?

Thank you.

# 7 16-01-2006 , 11:08 AM
what tutorial is it your using? cos it sounds cool were can i find it?