SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Dynamics & Special Effects / need some feedback!!

Dynamics & Special Effects Maya Particles, nDynamics, Fluids, Rigid Bodies & General VFX

Join the conversation. Reply to post

20-08-2003, 10:04 PM   #1
abie1
Subscriber

need some feedback!!
wassup guys...I need some help creating an effect and wondered if you could help. Remember in cartoons when a fight occurs there's a cloud that gets created. I need to create one of those in 3d. Know how? Any tuts? Let me know; I'd really appreciate it.
abie1
abismael@msn.com
20-08-2003, 10:44 PM   #2
ragecgi

Well, in the VIP section, I have an explosions tutorial video series that will help you create one.

Otherwise, checking the SM tutorial database will give you LOTS of links to tutorial sites with cloud and smoke tuts.

A simple keyed particle SW cloud with a tweaked shader, and/or using the Dynamics > Effects > Smoke effect with tweaked settings and keys will do you well aslo

Good luck, and let us know how your research went, and if you run into problems.