Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 09-04-2007 , 06:28 AM
Subscriber

Car Tutorial

Hey everyone, Im thinking about doing a car tutorial when my semester ends in school. I have 3 weeks so right now, im only focusing on that which includes my skyline project. the ext is about 85% complete and I will upload more pics soon so ppl can see what i am capable of.

Well enough of the boring talk, I want ppls opinions on a car they think i should model. Now remind you, this is going to be for beginners/semi beginners so be wise in the car you think would be a good idea for a tutorial.

My process will be to model a part over and over and post in car forums until i get it correct and then record it after i know I made it accurate enough to post. This will be an exterior only and ill see if someone would like to join to help with the rendering part since I am not good at rendering.

My semester ends in about 4 weeks so there is plently of time to get enough feedback on a type of car i will be doing. I hope a lot of ppl reply and again this might be free or if it comes out real nice, i might sell for only $50 depending on what my partner wants to do. I am willing to go free but if we come up with a real long/great quality tut, then there will be a price. Price will be discussed afterwards. Thanks everyone

****edit****

Let me know if anyone wants to be a part of the rendering process and upload some work. I want to choose the best person for the job since I am trying to make a tutorial to my best abilities.

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.

Last edited by 99GsTurbo; 09-04-2007 at 06:38 AM.
# 2 09-04-2007 , 06:35 AM
Acid44
id say to do a honda civic or a van or something like that not to curvy but at the same time not to boxy so theyd have a go idea of how to do a bunch of different carsuser added image

# 3 09-04-2007 , 08:40 PM
Subscriber
yes im thinking about it, i got the prints for the new 2006 sedan, its nice. maybe even the coupe

Toyota Supra WIP

# 4 09-04-2007 , 08:52 PM
Yeah, I agree. Some kind of family car would be great because no one models them and so it would be more original.

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 5 09-04-2007 , 09:04 PM
Subscriber
Ok so far its the civic im getting votes for. I want to dome something stylish yet still a sadan with shape so i came up with the 2007 civic type r
https://stadium.weblogsinc.com/autobl...typer_jp_a.jpg
unless ppl have other choices, this is it so far. hopefully more feedback soon

Toyota Supra WIP

# 6 09-04-2007 , 11:17 PM
Subscriber
Try a BMW 120i 2004 looks pretty simple. And if you need to anyone to test out your tutorial to see if its clear enough I can help i'm pretty much a beginner i know the basic stuff of maya.

Do what you like, like what you do.
# 7 09-04-2007 , 11:23 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by daffas
Try a BMW 120i 2004 looks pretty simple. And if you need to anyone to test out your tutorial to see if its clear enough I can help i'm pretty much a beginner i know the basic stuff of maya.

is thats omething you would want to see. im about to check it out to see how it looks but I dont want to go too simple because i rememebr when i started doing more complicated cars, it was hard for me to grasp the concept of hwo to make it without getting any bumps. like the front bumpers used to be a huge issue for me lol young will tell u lol they were my fears but i found techniques on how to go about doing it so I want something thats easy yet that will allow me to show my concepts to newbies that way they can pick it up when doing more complicated cars.

Toyota Supra WIP

# 8 10-04-2007 , 06:16 AM
i kinda like the family car idea, maybe a peugeot 206, or maybe a nissan sentra. hopefully a lot of people respond to this thread.

# 9 10-04-2007 , 07:02 AM
ok how about a vw golf or a toyota trueno

# 10 10-04-2007 , 07:04 AM
Subscriber
not bad, im also liking the Cadillac cts

*** Edit ***
ahh cant find any prints without top view. I could do a tut on how to model without a top view but then thats pretty advanced

Toyota Supra WIP

Last edited by 99GsTurbo; 10-04-2007 at 07:08 AM.
# 11 11-04-2007 , 02:58 AM
Subscriber
hey what about a 98 - 00 Honda Accord 2Dr. I think its a cool car and its something u can mod but hey let me know what u guys are interested in

Toyota Supra WIP

# 12 11-04-2007 , 08:08 PM
Subscriber
id like to c the gold supra from fast n the furious the car looks sick and cin what u have done already should be a piece of cake , or a modded bmw m3 evolution ( softtop ) but then theres so many nice cars out there , or a mitsi evo i never c any of them modeled id love to c that lol

# 13 11-04-2007 , 08:08 PM
Subscriber
i doubled posted sorry :/

Last edited by Sicky; 12-04-2007 at 07:24 AM.
# 14 12-04-2007 , 02:42 PM
Subscriber
How about a 1969 Chevy Camaro, its an old cool looking car and not many hard angles on it. This car would be better than the other one i suggested more ppl would want to do this one because its and old classic car.

Do what you like, like what you do.
# 15 13-04-2007 , 11:20 AM
those are some good suggestions but i think turbo wanted to make a beginner to advanced tut so im think there will be no modified cars cause its hard to find good ref (i could be wrong), but im also feeling the 96 camaro.