Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 04-03-2010 , 03:13 PM
Subscriber

ShowReel 2010

Last edited by jali; 07-03-2010 at 10:55 AM.
# 2 04-03-2010 , 03:18 PM
good job! looks good.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 3 04-03-2010 , 04:03 PM
The thin red line
Nice work..........dave

# 4 06-03-2010 , 03:28 AM
Technical Director
The models rotate too quickly; you can't see the detail in the models. Slow it down a bit.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 5 06-03-2010 , 12:36 PM
The Nurb Herd
i agree with next design. the wires go too fast. Would it be good to have some text saying how many faces it is or is that dumb?

good work tho!

# 6 06-03-2010 , 01:34 PM
I watched it again and I agree with the others that the wires spin a bit too fast.

Not sure how it would affect the rythm and tempo of the piece but maybe the rotation rate could be slowed as the wires are drawn and them resume as they transition to the next view.

I like HH's idea to possibly fade in and fade out the poly count along with the wire frame transitions since it's for the game industry that could be of interest.

Over all it's good though. I like the parchment affect and the transitions are good.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 7 06-03-2010 , 04:42 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by ctbram
I watched it again and I agree with the others that the wires spin a bit too fast.

Not sure how it would affect the rythm and tempo of the piece but maybe the rotation rate could be slowed as the wires are drawn and them resume as they transition to the next view.

I like HH's idea to possibly fade in and fade out the poly count along with the wire frame transitions since it's for the game industry that could be of interest.

Over all it's good though. I like the parchment affect and the transitions are good.

tha ks for the feedback guysuser added image i didn't realise the rotations were that fast , i'm working on the things people have pointed out, and will upload a new version with some extra's,

im trying to keep withing the 2minute mark, as i know most employers will get bored if the showreel last to long,

anyway thanks again,

# 8 11-03-2010 , 02:56 AM
Subscriber
imo music is extremely annoying. I would select some more ambient/peaceful track instead. Yeah agree spins are far too fast.