Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 31 18-08-2006 , 05:44 PM
Subscriber
i hope this tutorial comes out soon I will get it for sure ...great work

# 32 18-08-2006 , 06:19 PM
Cant give a time frame when the tuts will be out.. Once Dave and Tubby get all the bugs fixed with the site transfer hopefully be out after that.

Been palying with putting him in a envoriment on my own.

Attached Thumbnails

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 33 18-08-2006 , 06:26 PM
Subscriber
ahhhhh...masterpiece. !! :bow:.

do you show how to make the environment as well?

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 34 18-08-2006 , 06:26 PM
No i've been just playing around all morning...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 35 18-08-2006 , 06:41 PM
Subscriber
wow for playing aroudn kurt you are dead on ..love the enviroment ...this is a must have for me to have ..love all your tuts ..I am having so much fun with yeti lol

# 36 18-08-2006 , 07:04 PM
Last one then time to move on playing with the idea of old time photo of a creature never before seen..

Attached Thumbnails

# 37 18-08-2006 , 08:29 PM
Subscriber
nice dude, how did you get the enviroment looking so sweet?

# 38 19-08-2006 , 02:34 AM
Subscriber
you must be Pisces Kurt, and thinking about you 2D work, i decided as much as this is totally beyond any C and c your 2D has an insight into you i think more than 3D, you probably think this is completely out of place, but I'm selling people to your web page (lol). I particularly like the piece with the tear drop. (on your web page)

man this IS and inspiration to go on. You and others have done a lot for 3D.

i would sell my soul to the devil to be able to do work like this piece. I'm a fish, Pisces

don't answer that lol user added image

did you put it in a 3D fluid container, how id you get that underwater look?

shadows of 'the alien' in this piece.

take it easy and life will be easy

Last edited by mirek03; 19-08-2006 at 02:40 AM.
# 39 19-08-2006 , 02:57 AM
heh nope IM a scorpio=)... the back is actully just a sea picture i found and was doctored up using photoshop and a few other tricks...

Your work will get there .. its just taked a lot fo time and practise practise..

As for my webpage its really old stuff now i will hopefully be redoing it soon with a lot of new and never before seen work..

To be honest i still need to learn a lot in other areas like better lighting and rendering just to name a few.

# 40 19-08-2006 , 04:28 AM
Subscriber

diver's too

:bow: no doubt, this IS a fantastic job. :bow:

I wonder how this thing would swim. I am a diver and i know how to move underwater but this hammerhead-whatever-thing has got no fins, no tail and this grim Reaper tools instead of hands. So, no wonder this species died out. Wheater bored to death sitting on one point all day or from stravation :p

Just pulling your leg cause i'm so dam envious on your talents. user added image

cheers

mac

..the Force is with me (sometimes)
# 41 19-08-2006 , 04:52 AM
I might try and animate him see if i can get him moving but that will not be anytime soon.

# 42 19-08-2006 , 11:04 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
hey Kurt

Nice job!!

Do you get the magazine Imagine FX? its like 3d world but more 2d orientated and its way better than computer arts, anyway, they have a guy in the last issue doing something similar with an underwater creature.

The only thing that is 3d is the head and front fins the back is PS work and disappears into the murky water with a quicker falloff, maybe give that a whirl for the cover on the dvd

Cheers
Jay

# 43 19-08-2006 , 09:45 PM
great job! i love the colors and the model a lot. very nice painting also!(if it a painting:blush: )
keep it up!

# 44 19-08-2006 , 11:45 PM
Great job Kurt. Propably one of your best compositions so far...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 45 20-08-2006 , 01:55 AM
Thanks KB sorry havent been around talkingto you as much as of late what going on on your end?