Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 24-04-2007 , 01:00 PM

Do I have potential?

This is my photobucket album.

The first movie there is my "master piece", sort of. It's the best looking animation I have, though it's a bit dark and out of focus. I have been doing maya for about 2 months now, and hope to get even better, because I love this program.

# 2 24-04-2007 , 02:20 PM
I think you have good start and lots of drive but for me, I think it's too early to tell what your potential is. I say keep at it and continue to show us what you can and will do. Only time will tell.

Welcome to Maya and to Simply Maya!

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 24-04-2007 , 02:48 PM
Super Moderator
The "room of doom" animation wasn't bad, given that you've only been using Maya for 2 months and you "love" it lol so I say keep going. The lighting could be improved because there was no mood and the camera couldn't really show me much. Also in the "My room" animation, your camera kept zipping through the geomtry.

As far as the still shots, you need to work on your composition, its not just about knowing the software. I'm not trying to discourage you, honest critique is needed in order to improve. Rome wasn't built in a day so keep at it and welcome aboard :]

# 4 25-04-2007 , 11:36 AM
Oh I know that my still's aren't that great, and that my room was a bit dark. You see, I added a back light into the scene thinking it would add extra lighting into the rendered animation, because I took stills of the room before I rendered the movie out to see whether or not it showed up or not. It showed the back light helping, so I rendered it, for about 6 hours. Though it was not what I had completely hoped for, I just hoped for the best. And the second room I have with textures was really crappy. It moved through geometry for some reason, but when I did the playblast it did not do that. Stupid playblast. Anyway, I went back, fixed the texture on the globe (if you guys actually noticed that it was a bit warped or not), moved some of the objects foward, and I think I lit it better. I've got it rendered out too, but for some reason I cannot make it into an avi file.

Anyway, thank you for your opions, I appericate it.

# 5 25-04-2007 , 12:34 PM

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 6 25-04-2007 , 01:01 PM
I know how to render, trust me. After effects is just being gay. It's done this to me before, I think I need to re-install it or something.