Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 19-05-2014 , 05:41 PM

Necklace simulation: animated character doesn't turn into passive rigid body

Hi!

I have a necklace rig built up using pin constraints.
If I hit play, it animates well. It even animates well if I only use a still .obj character.

BUT my character is already finished and animated
if I now want to add the necklace, turn the animated character into a passive rigid body, I get error message (// Error: line 0: ). I get this when I want to turn her into passive body.
So she doesn't become a passive rigid body at all, and necklace goes through the body.

I tried baking the animation out as Point Oven mdd, in this case I can turn the character into a passive rigid body, but the dynamics solver doesn't count the mdd deformations into account, it acts as if character stays still.

what am I doing wrong?
what is the best practice to add a necklace pin-constraint dynamics to an already animated character?
THANK YOU SO MUCH!