Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 19-12-2003 , 12:52 AM

Airplane

Can any one help me with the nose of an plane? i can't make the model of the nose of an aircraft can any one help me to make it i can make the body but the nose is so :banghead: difficult can any one tell me how i can make it or can any one help me with modeling?

Thanks Greets,
Serhat:bgreen:

# 2 19-12-2003 , 01:17 AM
Subscriber
OK.. what are you modeling with ? Nurbs ? Polygons ?
and what plain are you trying.. do you have a refrance photo you can show us ?

# 3 19-12-2003 , 12:55 PM
I am making with polygons
this is the bleuprint of the aircraft Bleuprint

this is the engine

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 19-12-2003 , 05:39 PM
Here is the nice engine and the wheel user added image only but my problem is the nose of the aircraft user added image so help me please user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 19-12-2003 , 05:40 PM
this is the engine

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 19-12-2003 , 08:38 PM
Last time I started to model an aircraft I did the following to make the fuselage (body):

Start with a Nurbs sphere (poles facing the nose and tail)and stretch etc to make the shape. Add isoparms as required.

I took mine a few steps further by then detaching the nose radome area from the rest of the fuselage. The radome could then be made to hinge upwards to reveal the radar underneath.

To blank the hole in the fuselage I used a planar surface so you could not see inside the rest of the fuselage.

Let me know if you want some pics and I'll try to dig some out of the model for you.

# 7 19-12-2003 , 08:51 PM
Subscriber
This is where i am at the moment. Been too busy the last week to complete it. I'm not sure why you're having probs with the nose, it's a pretty simple shape. You could use half a cylinder then it's just a matter of scaling the vertices to get the basic shape before smoothing.

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 19-12-2003 , 09:22 PM
But look at this its not a nose that looks of an a320 its looks to nothing how can i make it nicer and cooler? and i can't work with nurbs only with polygon! so Helpuser added image

Greetz
Serhat

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 19-12-2003 , 10:21 PM
Here's an odd suggestion but, have u tried using a sphere?

Also, when asking for help, if u have a diagram of what you're trying to achieve it would be best to show that part of it. You never said what kind of plane you were modeling, and you showed every other part except for the diagram, which I can see in the small top left window of the above post.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 10 19-12-2003 , 11:32 PM
Subscriber
You could select the front faces of the nose area and extrude and scale a few times.

# 11 20-12-2003 , 12:12 AM
Here is the pics - it is in Nurbs though which appears to be not want you want to model in:

Attached Images
# 12 20-12-2003 , 12:14 AM
and with the radome closed:

Attached Images