Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 29-09-2011 , 05:25 PM
Subscriber

// Error: Socket error creating command port

user added image
Evereytime i try to Bach Render, this appears. its only recently started doing his :/
Anyone know how i can fix it?
user added imageuser added image
Thanks

# 2 29-09-2011 , 05:56 PM
The thin red line
Found this on the net hope it helps..........dave

https://www.creativecrash.com/forums/...ommand-port--2

You could also try this?

In Maya preferences, under “Applications”, at the very bottom is an item named “Default Command Port” that you can choose to enable or disable. Named “commandportDefault”
Disable it and you wont see the msg in the sript editor anymore

Last edited by daverave; 29-09-2011 at 06:02 PM.
# 3 29-09-2011 , 06:14 PM
Subscriber

Found this on the net hope it helps..........dave

https://www.creativecrash.com/forums/...ommand-port--2

You could also try this?

In Maya preferences, under “Applications”, at the very bottom is an item named “Default Command Port” that you can choose to enable or disable. Named “commandportDefault”
Disable it and you wont see the msg in the sript editor anymore

Thanks mate user added image

# 4 16-11-2012 , 02:43 AM

My Solution

Hi guys, I ran into this problem when I closed the Maya application abruptly while batch rendering. I found out that a process named mayabatch.exe in windows task manager would still run after Maya was closed. So I end that process and had my problem solved. user added image

# 5 21-03-2013 , 12:09 AM
That fixed my problem!!! Thanks much!!!

# 6 05-11-2016 , 05:14 AM
Everything above this message are a failure at fixing maya problems but at least they tried wasting peoples time. But thanks to this comment this completely fixed the problem, you were right, maya batch was still running even when cancelled. Thanks Zesken.

# 7 28-02-2017 , 11:50 PM
I am rendering some production's shot here at 4:49 am,i was totally blocked just because of this error. Thanks alot mate. God Bless! user added image (y)