Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-05-2018 , 03:53 PM

New User Problems

Hi,

I am starting in the CG world.
I am trying to learn how to animate in Maya, but I am having too many technical issues preventing me. Every day new ones, some days old issues get solved my magic.
This was one of the latest errors I had
user added image
Also when I close Maya sometimes when I am trying to open it again it gets freeze. I have to change this /Users/Myuser/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2017_backup1
from 2017 to 2017_backup to be able to open it again. Obviously it looses some configurations I have done before.

Also I have downloaded an amazing free rig called Mathilda. Yesterday I could see its colors by clicking the texture button in the view panel, today it says this
// Warning: Texture file I:/Savannah/Home/Student/maya/mathilda//sourceimages/small_texture/iris_alpha_small.jpg doesn't exist, node Mathilda_rig:iris_alpha

This is my computer:
user added image

I hope you can help me or advice me. I just want to animate with the course I have and the software is not running properly I think.

Thanks

Last edited by Juansf95; 04-05-2018 at 04:06 PM.