Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 31 18-06-2009 , 12:15 AM
Subscriber
No just mine

Everyone else I mean no offence.

Im so unhappy with it now - The fly though video will be better - Just need the time away from the computer to let it render.

# 32 18-06-2009 , 09:09 PM
@ mtmckinley

I just wanna say that with those challenges you are making my stay in SM forum nicer and seen all those people making threads etc... just make me go " Maying " harder and gaining new skills.

Keep up the good work in the future

I'll join the challenge too but a bit later ....

thanks for the attention friends user added image

# 33 25-06-2009 , 03:48 PM
Thinking of joining this challenge seeing as I bailed on the last one due to time.

Just a quick question - Would a cartoon style Devil character be allowed? Cant think of anything more Evil than a devil. user added image

# 34 25-06-2009 , 05:24 PM
The Maya Mountain
sure!

# 35 25-06-2009 , 06:05 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
" ..........Would a cartoon style Devil character be allowed?......."

No sorry to evil

# 36 25-06-2009 , 10:19 PM
Subscriber
or in some cases not evil enough :p

Mike, would you have a seperate category, one for orginal characters and one for existing characters? (provided there are enough entries to justify both)

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 37 26-06-2009 , 12:54 PM
The Maya Mountain
if there were enough entries for both categories, sure, that could be a good idea. if we get a prize, though, I imagine there'd still have to be only 1 overall grand prize winner.

# 38 26-06-2009 , 03:18 PM
Subscriber
The devil is not much of a super villan.

I know the rules in these challenges are some what lax at times but this is called a Super Villain Challenge.

The devil and Mr Burns just seem a little non super villain just more evil.

Just my 2 cents - mike makes the rules and if he said its ok - its ok, but if I was voting they would lose marks for not sticking to the brief.

# 39 27-06-2009 , 12:10 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
" Mike, would you have a seperate category, one for orginal characters and one for existing characters? (provided there are enough entries to justify both)"

I say stick to the original plan; one prize one winner, let's face it there isn't any character going to be made here that is 100% original so just look at the end results and if an existing character is better made then an " original" one so be it.

And tweety i think Mr Burns is a supevillain albeit a bit cartoonesk, i think he is the lex luthor on the simpsons, and Lex Luthor is a supervillain in my book user added image

I know he isn't the villain with superpowers like the X men , but Batman hasn't got superpowers yet he still is called a superhero, same goes for the joker and a couple of other ones aswell

# 40 27-06-2009 , 07:45 PM
I would have thought that Burns would have been a super villain, I mean he uses his powers (interlect and wealth) for selfish purposes and his own gain, similar to bond villians (which I would also class as super villains), though he is cartooney.

I'm also not bothered about winning or getting a prize, so write it off now. Just though that it would have been a fun character to model in 3d and fitted with the challenge and getting some fun modeling back into my life with a time constraint to stick to.

If you want I'll withdraw and move it into the WIP thread.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 41 27-06-2009 , 08:26 PM
Cmon` gster123 go on the challenge no need of gettin` into WIP user added image we all are having fun by challenges user added image

# 42 28-06-2009 , 12:20 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mastone
I say stick to the original plan; one prize one winner, let's face it there isn't any character going to be made here that is 100% original so just look at the end results and if an existing character is better made then an " original" one so be it.

i know there's no such thing as 100% original etc etc etc you all know the rest of the same ol' story, i wasn't talking about that

i was talking about the villains that don't exist already if you ignore all the abstract likeness between an original character and an existing character

you could do Mr Murns, similar to mr burns but with a mohawk and a less pointy nose and it would class as an original character

but meh, obviously there would be one overall winner, but have some sort of informal aknowledgement of who had the better picture in original and existing, just like how Mike would mention other entries at the end of listing the winners user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 43 04-07-2009 , 05:48 PM
Subscriber
I am looking forward to doing this challenge. This will be my first out of all the times I have been on simplymaya.

# 44 07-07-2009 , 05:04 PM
Subscriber
OMG, what an awesome theme!

As TMNT fan, i really have only one choice: the shredder. If possible, tengu shredder. Is it ok if i choose it? I just hope i'll have enough time.

# 45 30-07-2009 , 02:49 PM
does it have to be textured if not i will start one today. otherwise i porably wont meet the dead line