Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 05-04-2014 , 09:04 PM

VRay and Maya 2014

Hi guys
I've posted similar thread on some forums, but didn't get the useful answer, so i wanted to try here user added image

I'm new in Vray for Maya 2014 (tried it 2-3 weeks ago for the first time) and i need it to make some stock images for shutterstock.
So, my problem is that i don't know how to use the VrayMtl Overrides attributes. How do they work?
And also, i don't know is it normal, my version of VRay, 2.40.01, doesn't have any options for importing HDRI, except standard importing image (File option). I think that's not a usual thing, maybe something's wrong with VR.

When I import any HDRI, i get the image, but without any options. I was looking Vray for 3DS, and there is a node call VR_HDRI or something like that, which is for projecting and operating with HDRI.
Like i said i don't have any HDRI option in my VR. Not in VR materials, lights (Dome texture), no where.
Is there any plug in, script or something like, for importing and operating with HDRI?

If u have some better solutions, ideas... suggest user added image
Thanks guys

# 2 05-04-2014 , 10:27 PM
i'm using maya 2013, but i think, there's no big difference. material override is used through render layers. you have to go there and choose material to override... its useful for adjusting lighting and crap like that. hdri image you want to use for scene lighting also, i think. you don't have many options there. you can only adjust gamma correction through vray attributes. you usually use hdri image with dome light, so you can adjust every dome light attribute.

# 3 06-04-2014 , 01:25 PM
Subscriber
You can add material override from the shader attribute editor.

Select your Vray mat then at the top of the editor select attributes then Vray from the list and there you will see override mat

It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion
# 4 06-04-2014 , 01:40 PM
I know that for material override, but i don't know how to use those options.
Are there any "special" setting? Cause i tried to put the hdri like standard image (file/browse), but nothing happends?
Any idea how to use that?