Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 22-06-2006 , 07:41 PM

how to emit only one particle?

I posted this question in general forums b4 I saw this seperate forum. what I am having trouble with is this. I am attempting to make a particle collision event where a instanced particle collides with a planet. I can do all that fine but for some reason everytime the particle collides with the planet and dies the emmiter emits another particle right away. I am looking to see if there is a way to get this emiter to emit one and only one particle.

I am used to particle effects in 3dsm so maybe it is a simple task to accomplish what I have failed o be able to figure out so far but I am stumped. Thanks in advance for the help.

# 2 22-06-2006 , 07:45 PM
Can you not set the emmitter with a key frame so that it emmits the particle then the rate goes to 0 to stop it doing any more???