Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 01-11-2002 , 10:22 AM

Maya eyecandy

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 2 01-11-2002 , 12:08 PM
Hehehe Great huh?

I found it great! Specially the dust guys!

# 3 11-11-2002 , 11:54 PM
smokin' hot model makes good enough eye candy for me

Signatures are the opium of the masses.
# 4 12-11-2002 , 01:19 AM
Hehehe I would have to agree, but after having her for about 6 months in my desktop .. I kinda grew bored out of her. I have of myself and some hot broad instead now. user added image

# 5 12-11-2002 , 01:11 PM
yeah, desktops get boring after awhile...but once you format and go a couple hours before putting it back up, it's like Hi, where've you been?

Signatures are the opium of the masses.
# 6 12-11-2002 , 03:31 PM
The Maya Mountain
excellent video! user added image

# 7 12-11-2002 , 07:54 PM
SM Alumni
Eek thats a large mov...should be done in about 3 hours from here ( thank god for getright user added image )

# 8 12-11-2002 , 08:18 PM
Subscriber

Customer Workx

Gave up watchhing those movies...always depresses me ;O))
But great customer-works....:banana:

b u l l e t

# 9 14-11-2002 , 04:29 AM
Don't let it get ya down manuser added image

I let good reels and effects get to me as well sometimes, but I just tell myself, "Hey! I like what they did, but what if I took it in another direction..."

I'd never go to movies if I kept letting people like Mike get to meuser added image hehe...

Damn character modelers! LOL! They get ALL the hot chicks!!! hehe...

Just kidding Mikeuser added image hehe...

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 10 14-11-2002 , 04:41 AM
Actually I like watching them quite a lot. I get a sense of what can be acomplished by persevering in this brutal bizz we all know as CG. I believe with the right amount of sanity and patience, each and every one of us is going to be able to effectively envision, create and present such stunning pieces of work. As I said, only if we persevere. I´m sure with communities like this one, it won´t be any easier, but it sure will be more pleasurous. We rule. user added image

# 11 14-11-2002 , 06:13 AM
The Maya Mountain
Another thing to remember is that most big effects like that require quite a few people... somehow I doubt one single individual was responsible for everything in a particular shot.

Izzy said: Damn character modelers! LOL! They get ALL the hot chicks!!! hehe...

lol, if only it were true. :p

The part of the eyecandy video that really caught my eye was the beginning and end with the people crashing through walls. I eventually found the source video... a Levis commercial. heh heh

It's here: https://www.framestore-cfc.com/commer...sey/index.html

# 12 15-11-2002 , 10:35 PM
Subscriber

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 13 16-11-2002 , 12:48 AM
user added image user added image user added image user added image user added image
*Grinnnnns* I have not much to say after watching that but simply.... wow. The music accompaniment didnt help and you are right. I did almost cry user added image hehehehe. But you guys are also right that communities like this make it a little easier for us all to improve and grow, with some of us not even in the Biz yet. Hopefully ill be getting back here to post alot more, been busy with two jobs trying to save for an awesome art school out here. Anyways guys, keep the animations coming, and who knows perhaps one day... there will be a Studio known as SimplyMAYA, where we all blow that reel away!.

Take care and Happy Animating user added image,
Cheers,

Imperator user added image

# 14 27-11-2002 , 06:27 PM
They have a few of the cutscenes from Final Fantasy X (or IX) in there but the video doesn't even do them justice. One in particular towards the end of the video, where Yuna, the cute brown-haired girl is dancing on a water spout with a staff....that scene in the game just floors me everytime I see it. She's sending the spirits of the dead to the far plane and the whole cutscene is superb.

# 15 27-11-2002 , 06:29 PM
Subscriber
the file is just too big for my 56k....user added image