Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 31 22-03-2012 , 01:03 AM
Lifetime Member
I dont want to fumble you hermi but are you using any sort of scale for this???? this is something you will end up having to do for assets like this. It is very difficult to get good scale in Maya BUT you can sort of cheat with known parameters. What I mean by this...if you have a character...and have it scaled to a human height...then your desk my not "fit" the character or room etc. user added image

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 32 22-03-2012 , 08:23 AM

I dont want to fumble you hermi but are you using any sort of scale for this???? this is something you will end up having to do for assets like this. It is very difficult to get good scale in Maya BUT you can sort of cheat with known parameters. What I mean by this...if you have a character...and have it scaled to a human height...then your desk my not "fit" the character or room etc. user added image

cheers bullet

This is something I worry about a little bit later. I'm learning the important stuff first. When I am ready, I will export some reference objects from CryEngine into Maya and start working on the proper scaled models from scratch.

All I do right now are prototypes if you wish, which will never see the 'light of an engine' :d

Last edited by Hermi1988; 22-03-2012 at 08:33 AM.