Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 17-01-2014 , 05:43 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
I will have to check mate. Im at work at the moment. If you want it urgently maybe ask David to point you in the right direction...

Jay

# 17 17-01-2014 , 09:22 PM
Lifetime Member
Hi Sampson, part 12 covers the ear modeling for chef Ramsey.

Cheers, the Yeti.
# 18 17-01-2014 , 10:44 PM
Thanks Mr Yeti!!!

Jay

# 19 17-01-2014 , 11:19 PM
Subscriber
Thanks alot MrYeti!

Sampson
# 20 18-01-2014 , 12:29 AM
What about reprojection. Why not make the sculpt, reproject perfect topo on it and then you are done. That is if you are making a typical head. This is not a beginning method though....

# 21 18-01-2014 , 12:37 AM
You could do that after, but as you said, its not a starting point - unfotunately....

Jay

# 22 18-01-2014 , 12:54 AM
I just want follow up on Bullet and Ricks earlier chat on the use of zbrush.

You'll find that its really still very much so common place to build a mesh in Maya etc first. You can generally consider these meshes as your primary/renderable object whether its an organic or a hardsurface model. The use of zbrush, is really mainly used to add those extra details, the detail stuff that makes the model 'pop' at the end and look damn sexy!! Rarely if not at all would an object be created and used out of here, the same applys with mudbox.

However in some cases a hi res models in zbrush are used as a final hi res mesh, this is more practical with characters because displacements just dont work on objects with lots of movement so now the detail is on the mesh, a normal map may be used though just to enhance the look. But lets not forget a low to medium version would be used for animation until render time...

Anyway lets not creep to far off topic...slaps wrist

Jay

# 23 29-01-2014 , 08:32 AM
Found this online https://www.cgarena.com/freestuff/tut...ay/ramsay.html

Is this what yall are talking about? cuz if it is i wouldnt mind watching it user added image

Edit:

Oh i didnt notice it was a picture + text tutorial. And they didnt go in depth with how to model the ear ... i assume this isnt what you guys were talking about user added image

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^

Last edited by Skalman; 29-01-2014 at 08:35 AM.