Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 10-12-2005 , 03:44 PM

How do i change the colour of fire

Ok i want to make the fire change colour half way through an animation. i figured you change the colours of the blob map and the partial colour but i cant change it during the animation. Also i have 6 of these to do and when i apply the fire dynamic to another object it uses the same colour how do i fix that. And i any one knows where i can get a better fire dynamic please tell me.

# 2 10-12-2005 , 03:48 PM
in the ParticleCloud node, just play with the colors. My favorite looks like plasma fire. Good luck

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 11-12-2005 , 07:23 AM
Ok i did that and it worked but then got stuck to one colour and it wouldn't let me change it this was after i had set a key frame. so i started again from a previous save and now it won't let me do it? Im so confused what should i select to key frame.

# 4 12-12-2005 , 07:19 PM
Create a keyframe one freme before you want the colour change then one freme after change the colour and set another key frame, this sould work, you could use a set driven key or a ramp or an expression if you wanted the colour change over a period of time

# 5 12-12-2005 , 11:51 PM
can you explain this set driven key fram to me.

# 6 13-12-2005 , 02:54 PM
A set driven key uses one attribute to control another (or another set of attributes) for example you could have the velocity of an object change its incandesance or colour.

If you have a look in the free tutorials section here you'll find some tut's on the basics