# 1 05-06-2007 , 11:53 PM

My First nurbs car _ BMW

My First nurbs car _ BMW

Special thanks to mr perfecto who alwayes give me very helpfull advices

Attached Thumbnails

You Deserve
# 2 06-06-2007 , 12:13 AM
Jr.Who
I like the model, but I hate the lighting. BTW, why did you create 2 topics with the same image? user added image

# 3 06-06-2007 , 02:07 AM
hehe, you're more than welcome zico_samagoria. Most of the time though my advice is probably just mediocre. The more advaced users probably get a kick out of seeing me trying to answer everyone's questions. But it helps me learn and improves my problem solving skills if you know what I mean. I started 3d a few months ago, so keep that in mind just in case I do end up giving you some bad advice, hehe.

Anyway, I agree with Jr. Who about the lighting. The right lighting can really make your model look alot better. And I think the opposite is true as well, that bad lighting can make a good model look really bad. I've been working with lights a bit lately and I'll tell you, it can be a real pain. Just keep playing with all the settings and moving the light(s) around.

I'm bad with lighting but I come across anything helpful, I'll let you know. Good luck!!!

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 4 06-06-2007 , 07:41 AM

Originally posted by Jr.Who
I like the model, but I hate the lighting. BTW, why did you create 2 topics with the same image? user added image

really i agree with you Jr.Who but as mr perfecto said i'm just trying to play with mental ray to have a real look ... so i will attach another picture with this post with another playings in mental rays options

thanks alot for your replay

note : sorry if i posted two topics with the same picture i dont catch this mistake user added image

Attached Thumbnails

You Deserve
# 5 06-06-2007 , 08:39 AM
What type of blue material are you using, blinn? If so, you can make the car look more like metal by turning down the "Eccentricity". You can find it my going to the blue color node in the attribute editor and it will be under the Specularity section. That will make the light reflection more confined and less spread out on the car.

I'm going to post a link here shortly of another post that has a really great car rendering. I think you'll be able to get some excellent tips from it.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 6 06-06-2007 , 09:16 AM

Exceed Expectations!
# 7 06-06-2007 , 06:47 PM
thanks a lot for just a good nice helpfull person user added image mr perfecto

You Deserve
# 8 06-06-2007 , 08:34 PM

Originally posted by Perfecto
Here's a couple of links you should check out:

1. The link is a thread by younglion who really has a handle on rendering and modeling cars. After the page loads, scroll down to the 4th reply and younglion has a link to a tutorial he wrote. I think it will help you some.

https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...5&pagenumber=5

2. This is a thread that younglion has in the WIP section, look through all the pages to get some more tips and such.

https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...&pagenumber=19

what about This ??

Attached Thumbnails

You Deserve
# 9 06-06-2007 , 08:49 PM
Nice improvements. I think it's looking better now. The car is a little too distant from the camera though. Are you using any HDRI images? If not this might be a good time to learn how to use them. In fact, I think it's a good time for me to learn too. Keep up the good work!

Exceed Expectations!
# 10 06-06-2007 , 10:17 PM
Jr.Who
You need to pull the key light (The one with the shadows) down, because that shadow is bigger than the car itself. Also, turn your shadow color to a lighter shade of black.

# 11 16-06-2007 , 01:21 AM

Nice improvements. I think it's looking better now. The car is a little too distant from the camera though. Are you using any HDRI images? If not this might be a good time to learn how to use them. In fact, I think it's a good time for me to learn too. Keep up the good work!

this is my first try in using HDRI photos in rendering with mental ray and i will send you the steps ihave done to do it

Attached Thumbnails

You Deserve
# 12 16-06-2007 , 01:23 AM

Attached Thumbnails

You Deserve
# 13 16-06-2007 , 01:24 AM
Jr.Who
You need to turn off the primary visibility of the HDRI (I think it's in the render stats in the AE). Also, your anti-aliasing looks way too low.

# 14 16-06-2007 , 08:27 AM
Besides Jr. Who's comments, which I think are good comments, here's a couple of questions.

1. Do you have seams for the doors and the hood?

2. Do you have treads for the tires?

Exceed Expectations!
# 15 16-06-2007 , 05:44 PM

Besides Jr. Who's comments, which I think are good comments, here's a couple of questions.

1. Do you have seams for the doors and the hood?

2. Do you have treads for the tires?

1- i don't
2- idon't

and please i need to know how to improve these
and it to the tires, doors and hoods

You Deserve