Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 26-05-2008 , 01:48 AM

blood

Hello
Can any one give me any suggestion on how to make blood. I need it to splatter first like on a wall and then drip down.

Any idea would help.

Thanks

# 2 26-05-2008 , 07:21 AM
Subscriber
To get any realistic effects really you would need a liquid simulator such as realfow, you could try n fake it using blobby particles and a high threshold but it would probably still look too gooey, more like honey than blood.

Chris

# 3 26-05-2008 , 09:59 AM
Ironicly, there is a paintFX brush that does exactly this automaticlyuser added image

Just draw a curve on the surface you want the blood to appear on, attach the brush to the stroke, and play back/render the sequence, and the blood will drip-down the surface.
Just animate the near/far clipping values of the brush to get it to "splatter" onto the wall/surface before the dripping beginsuser added image

Otherwise what bending said about the blobby particle render-type is correct.

Another thing I would suggest, if you are familiar with a compositing package, you could always do it in post.

Bend and warp real splatter footage onto the surface you require.

Also, it really depends on the style of blood you require.

B-movie gore blood, simple splatter, long streams, etc.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 4 26-05-2008 , 10:59 PM
hi thanks for you reply. this maya brush you are talking about it doesnt exist in the older version of maya does it. cause i dont use maya 8. i use 6 so thats much older....

# 5 26-05-2008 , 11:17 PM
Hmmm, It's been years since I was in v6, but check to see if there is a blood brush in the "visor" under paintfx brushes.

If not, then you must either do it in post, or VERY carefully with particles and goalsuser added image

Good luck!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 6 30-05-2008 , 06:24 AM
thanks...maya 6 doesnt have a blood pfx.....so i guess will have to figure out something in post production...