Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 04-07-2004 , 04:29 PM

How to eliminate seam from joining 2 polys

Hi,

I am trying to work my way through the Joan of Arc tutorial. I've gotten to the stage where I need to combine the poly ear I've created with the poly head. To do this, I've taken the two objects and combined them, lined up the intersecting verticies, and then merged the verticies. The process seems to work fine, but when I check the result I see that there is a seam where the ear connects to the head.

One thing I've noticed is that if I try to delete the edges along the seam it tells me that I can't delete border edges, but it seems to me that these shouldn't be border edges after I've merged the two polys...

Is there something I can do to make this look better?

Attached Images
# 2 04-07-2004 , 04:32 PM
The Maya Mountain
Make sure the normals are not reversed.

# 3 04-07-2004 , 05:10 PM

Thanks!

You were exactly right - that was the problem! Thanks a lot!

Kyle