Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 23-10-2003 , 06:44 AM
Subscriber

Creating Movies From Stills

Hello! I'm starting to work on a two people mini advanture game production, and would need some help....user added image

I want to produce an AVI, doing so directly from Maya gets me no control over the codec, so I render to a sequence of frames. Can anyone recommand a *free* application to encode those frames to an AVI?

Thanks in advance!

# 2 23-10-2003 , 12:13 PM
Subscriber
VirtualDub is free and excellent.

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 3 23-10-2003 , 07:08 PM
VideoMach. Check out Mike's free rendering tutorial, he explaines abit about it there.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 4 24-10-2003 , 12:00 AM
I could be wrong, but doesn't Fcheck do this?

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 5 24-10-2003 , 06:05 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for your help guys! I am using VirtualDub and XVid, and no, Fcheck didn't do it, I expected it to, but it didn't.... If you know how to make Fcheck do it, please let me know, too!

# 6 08-11-2003 , 08:47 PM
I've noticed Fcheck has a way to play animation, by opening the first targa (or jpeg or whatever image type you choose) and playing out the frames. Its a really quick way to get a lok at your animation, but it doesn't seem to be able to save it as an AVI or any other video file.

AL San Miguel
<a href="https://www.smgd.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.SMGD.com
# 7 12-11-2003 , 04:23 PM
I think you can use Adobe after effect to produce your image squences into a single animation clip, and save it in a variety of movie format such as avi, mov & etc. Hope this helps