Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 19-05-2005 , 03:50 PM

simple particles question about rendering

Hey everyone!
I've been away from Maya for two years and I've got this little problem that's bugging me.

the fire particles I've got aren't rendering.

I remember theres probably an easy solution like a checkbox has to be clicked or something turned on but I don't remember what it is. I've got some fire particles coming out of a few object emiters which I can see in my working/preview window but they don't render.
thanks for your time!

>Frederic.

# 2 19-05-2005 , 04:20 PM
particles need to be rendered with the hardware render buffer (HRB). i assume you've used it before, but forgot about it after two years... i'm no pro but if you need help with it maybe i can walk you through it. you'll probably be able to figure it out though.

# 3 19-05-2005 , 09:18 PM
Subscriber
Not all particles need to be hardware rendered, Im positive that streak and i think blobby surface need to be, but I cant remember the rest.

# 4 26-05-2005 , 02:51 AM
In the attribute Editor for the particle shape, under PARTICLE TYPE, the drop-down list should say (SW) next to the specific SoftWare particle typesuser added image

Everything else is Hardwareuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 5 26-05-2005 , 05:28 AM
For Maya 6 -- Blobby Surface, Tubes, and Cloud are software, the rest are hardware (though there is a raytracer around which does everything software... but aparently it takes frick'n forever and its not a free raytracer)

For fire I'd probably use Cloud for the particle type anyway.