Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 12-05-2004 , 12:38 AM

Can i cut or change my nurb surface?

Hello, i'm new to forum and very much a beginner :)
How can i cut or change my nurb surface? I'm having trouble figuring out how to define a shape onto a surface and then removing a portion to make a hole or freehand it in half in a certain way.
For example, how could you take a nurb sphere and cut a hole onto the surface then remove the unwanted part?

Thanks for any help, i hope this is possible :)

# 2 12-05-2004 , 12:58 AM
You want to "trim" the surface.
Do a search on all my post with the word trim in them because a couple of weeks ago I answered a question about it with pictures and all (and I'm to lazy to type it all again :p ).
If you have any more specific questions after reading that just post it here and I'll see what I can do to help.

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup:
# 3 12-05-2004 , 02:02 AM
Perfect, thanks nightphantom.
Your post explination covered the problem. I had gotten so far as to project but messed up during the trim and thought i had done something wrong. I did screw up the trim before but i'm in order now, thanks user added image