Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 11-08-2004 , 03:24 PM

Compatible Mice with Maya for Macs

I just switched problems at my College into Electronic Arts. The Programs requires that each student has Powerbook G4 laptop. I installed the Maya PLE edition onto my new laptop... blah blah blah, the one button mouse / touchpad was really making me angry. So I went out to the store and picked up a USB Logitech Mx500, which is the same model of mouse I use with Maya for my PC Desktop. Only problem is that mouse wheel does not seem to work as a mouse button in Maya on the laptop. Which is making moving around the software impossible!

Is the Mac version of Maya only compatible with 3 button mice? Or is there a way with in the software to set the mouse wheel to act as a button. I have installed the mouse drivers and played around with click settings through there, that didn't seem to work.

Any good models of mice that you use or have used with Maya would be a great start.

Any help would be great!

# 2 11-08-2004 , 03:36 PM
hi,

i have selected "button numebr 3" in the wheel button section of the logitech control center. works as third button then.

# 3 11-08-2004 , 05:20 PM
Awesome! Thanks a million Luke!

# 4 12-08-2004 , 08:11 AM
np. glad could help.