Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 19-09-2004 , 09:45 AM

Need a Dargon Image Plan

Hi to all

i was planning to Model a dragon (a dragon with wings user added image ),, and I looked for a good resolution image plan in the we but could not find a convenient one , from front and side
can any one tell me a good website can help me.

Thanks in advance
Your help is always very much appreciated

Saeed Ag
Kot10_10@hotmail.com

Mr_Flamenco™( the Man Who Summoned By Mankind)
# 2 20-09-2004 , 10:00 PM
search for ciruelo drawings, not exactly side/front/etc references but great inspirational thingies

anyways ive learnt that if you cant draw it you cant model it as it deserves (and probably the picture in your head of what you want to do aint as clear as you frist thinked anyways)

Last edited by dragonfx; 20-09-2004 at 10:10 PM.
# 3 21-09-2004 , 06:48 AM
Thank you very much for your kind reply dear dragonfx

anyways ive learnt that if you cant draw it you cant model it as it deserves (and probably the picture in your head of what you want to do aint as clear as you frist thinked anyways)

i cmpletly agree with you .. but i think that if i have an image plan i can edit and then get my mind picture comes ture. . then model it

thank you very much dear ciruelo user added image
have a nice day

# 4 27-09-2004 , 12:14 AM
Subscriber
I must disagree, If iI cant draw it from my mind some freaky thing happens where I model it with strange imagination. or the alternative..... get my girlfriend top draw it for me....

a trick for getting it down if you cant draw:

step 1: open your 3D software

step 2: block out your scene, this means no fancy details
just make it with plain shapes no modify CV's

step 3: (easier if you have a reference in any direction) start
to fine tune your detail

step 4: texture as you go! (I find I get lazy if I dont...)

hope this helps user added image

# 5 27-09-2004 , 07:53 AM
Hi agai..

I wont disagree with neither of 13uRneR nor dragonfx. Infact I believe every 3D artist has his/her own methods and workflows.

But dear 13uRneR just by going on and drawing the image again will give you a better understanding of the shape you are aiming to model. And the complex and hidden part of the shape will be easier and visible for the modeler.

This is just me. And maybe your method is better than mine, I will try your method maybe I will change my method to yours or to dragongfx's method if I find them handy user added image

Thank you very much for your advices both of you.

Now I still need some image plans user added image
Have nice day every one

Saeed AG
Kot10_10@hotmail.com

# 6 27-09-2004 , 08:24 AM
well i dont claim to be the greatest at drawing or for this to be a good dragon or what your looking for... but you can use mine, its posted on the 1 on 1 battle forum

heres a link:
https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=13552

you'll have to scroll down a bit, i'm trying to model it.. but i'm not the best at organic modeling, so if you'd like to try your hand at it i'd love to see another persons interpretation of my designuser added image

AIM: Psuedo Realizm