Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 27-02-2005 , 02:18 PM

shelfs

Hello guys, I kind of just started using maya. For some reason I lost on of my shelfs, (curve shelf) does anyone know
how do i get it back? thanksuser added image

# 2 27-02-2005 , 04:07 PM
Subscriber
Okay this is a two step process.

1st: In windows explorer or OSX Finder you need to locate the deleted shelf. The file name should be "shelf_Curves.mel.deleted"
Rename this file by removing the ".deleted" so it should now be "shelf_Curves.mel" Take note of where this file was, because you have to navigate to it again.

2nd: Back in Maya, to the left of the selves, you should see a folder icon with a down arrow below it. Click the down arrow and from the pop up menu, select "load shelf... " Navigate to the shelf file and select it then click open. Your shelf should now be restored.

Note: it will be at the end of the shelf row, if you want to move it, middle-mouse-button drag it's tab to new location on the shelf.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 27-02-2005 , 05:18 PM
thanks