Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 01-01-2008 , 07:02 PM
Subscriber

Flair Aimation - Number 6

Hey guys my next project.... im still doing the dragoin if your wondering but i want to get another 1 underway because i promised my bro i would do this.....

OK so what it is! Flair Bartending... Cocktail barmen... Guys who chuck bottles about for a living and make fancy drinks. My bro wanted me to make an animation of a flair monster, so its adapted and evolved into a flair alien which will be part of a flair competition against a bad ass robot. Its going to be cartoony. i dont have a scanner so cant get in any of my drawings so im having to do this from eye. Will post a pic of progress soon but i already have a Q....

Ive got the head and torso almost done on the robot but i want to do some sort of armor plating should this be extruded out of the leg? or should i make the plating and then just have it linked to the arm.... ive not done any animation with complex objects so im not sure what is best i just dont want the arm to move and it to come out of the plating... if that makes any sense. lol

Thanks

Tom

# 2 01-01-2008 , 08:52 PM
Doesn't really matter...usually if it's a separate part in the real world, model it as a separate part. If you model it separately it'll be easier to apply different materials. Animation wise it won't be any big difference.

# 3 24-01-2008 , 05:54 PM
Subscriber
Ok my laptop has died ive lost everything.... which sucks but oh well time to start from scratch probably start something new, will create a new thread with all my new stuff in as soon as i have a comp that will cope with maya as my mac hates it.