Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 03-10-2011 , 06:12 AM
Lifetime Member

Maya to ZBrush problem

Hey All,

I'm trying to export a model into Zbrush 4.0 from Maya 2012. The problem is when the mesh loads in Zbrush allot of the faces have become see through.

I came across this solution:

"Looks like some of the normals are flipped, this may be because you've mirrored objects in Maya so they have negative scale values. Try doing a Freeze Transforms on all your objects before exporting from Maya, and if that doesn't work then Combine them all together into a single mesh and export that after deleting history on it."

Unfortunately it did not work. Any other suggestions? I really need to find a solution quickly....

Thanks

-J

# 2 03-10-2011 , 07:24 AM
Lifetime Member
Try 'flip' in 'Display Properties' mate...I think thats how I did it....in Zbrush itself.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 03-10-2011 , 07:45 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Yeah you can do what Bullet said, or even hit 'Double' as well in Zbrush.

But in future before exporting from Maya, make sure your normals are all facing the right way

Jay

# 4 03-10-2011 , 08:14 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks heaps. Both suggestions worked cheers guys