Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 28-07-2019 , 06:15 AM

Project texture from existing image plane

Hi!
I made a simple animated character by copying a sprite sheet.
I created an orthographic camera as in the old 3/4-view JRPGs (actually used it from one).
Then I imported the sprite sheet via an image plane and placed it in front of the camera accordingly, you know, 45 deg angles on 2 axes.
Then I moved the sprite sheet over the model frame by frame moving the image over the shape and the shape into position and finally got a great animation.
Now my only problem is that I want to experiment slapping on a texture from the same image plane and I can't find how.
I tried graphing the image plane in hypershade but it won't show up. I was thinking...nodes possibly? I have no idea where to start.

Question is: - Is there any way to project a texture from the same image plane onto the model?

I tried importing the same image and scaling it with the planar interactive placement but I can't find the same scale or position for the love of me.

Is there any way I could copy the transforms from my original image plane to the placement node? Or just project from the image plane, linking it somehow? Or anything else really.